Sunday, May 3, 2015

Welcome to Barge Town

Okay, I have had this project sitting there in the back of my mind driving me crazy! I have had this idea for a long time inspired from those at The Miniatures Page http://theminiaturespage.com/ and that is to build a town built on barges, for "End of World" type games.

The concept is to make the barges out of 1" x 4" cut to 12" lengths, these would be the base of the town, I will then skin them with cereal box card board and paint. The rest of the town itself will be mostly shanties built on the deck of the barges.

Made these from a 1" x 4" board cut 12" long at a 45 degree angel with my circular saw


Here are photos with a 15mm figure to give one an idea of there size.





One nice thing I can to find out is that I can move them around and make different layout so there could be more then just one Barge Town.

Pardon the photos didn't turn out so well but gives you the idea of different layouts





I plan to use these in a Global Warming game were the water levels raised some couple hundred feet, Barge Town is one such place were people came to for survival.

Plan to make a couple more from 1" x 6" as well, cut to 12" as well.

Water gaming table, Islands and Boats will be coming soon as well!

I hope this helps to inspire your gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment